Sunday, October 30, 2011

Candleshoe (1978)

Michael: I LOVE this movie. I can remember going to see it at the theater as a kid, and I remember loving it then. I think it might have been the first time I ever saw Jodie Foster in a movie and I thought she was great. Love the story, love the cast, love the scenery, love it all.

I give Candleshoe 4 out of 5 stars.


Craig: This was always one of my favorite Disney films, and I'm delighted to say that it's still as wonderful as I remember on this most recent viewing. It screams 1970s in the clothes, music, settings. But that's all a good thing, because the story is timeless. The actors are great, particularly David Niven, Helen Hayes and a young Jodie Foster, perfectly cast in all their roles. Disney madcap zaniness ensues in the final portions, but a sweet, not-too-sticky, ending makes it a great moviegoing experience.


Craig's review: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment