Monday, October 31, 2011

Song Of The South (1946)

Michael: A real Disney classic. Love this movie. The animated sections are great. The cast, James Baskett, Hattie McDaniel, Luana Patten, Ruth Warrick, Glenn Leddy, are all excellent!! And of course, if you know me at all, you know of my love for all things Bobby Driscoll. The songs are fun, the story is great. Just really love this film. It's another one that I can remember seeing at the theater when I was a kid.

I give Song Of The South 4.5 out of 5 stars.


Craig: This was an interesting movie for me. I know I had seen it as a kid, but I remembered practically nothing about it. Over the years, I really only knew the characters, the songs, and the controversy. So this was really a new movie for me. James Baskett was pretty amazing in his Uncle Remus role. The live action segments tended to drag a bit, but the animated portions are great. It was great to see how faithfully Splash Mountain has reproduced scenes from the film. The classic music and classic characters make this a must-see.


Craig's review: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment