Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Watcher In The Woods (1981)

Michael: Well, what can you say about this movie....it's not very good. The acting is really bad and the story is sort of lame. It does however feature Bette Davis, so it's not all bad. It is odd to watch this and realize that the young girl grows up to be one of the Beverly Hills Housewives. I can remember seeing this movie in the theater, and it was just as bad as I remembered.

I give The Watcher In The Woods 1 out of 5 stars.


Craig: I have very vague recollections of some creepy moments when I saw this film as a kid. Unfortunately, the scare factor does not hold up after all these years. The acting is super over-the-top and the special effects are pretty bad, even compared to early 80s standards. I thought the story was pretty solid and Bette Davis lent some sort of respectability and creepiness to it. But none of that can save it. Simply put, Disney should not have been in the business of making scary movies in the 1980s. Too bad.


Craig's review: 2 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I think the only thing creepy about this film was the acting and possibly Bette Davis' hair.

    ReplyDelete